Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Day 42: Supper Time… (Luke 22:15-16) 07 Apr 09

I know this blog is posted a day late. I was having a good supper with the Lord yesterday. The passage tells us that Jesus speaks of His earnest and eager desire to eat the Passover meal with His disciples again. The author of the article also explains the significant of Passover meal to the Jews. It is God’s fulfillment of His salvation plan to deliver His people from the power of darkness. In Moses’ time, it was delivering them out of Egypt in the Promise land.

Today, Christians no longer celebrate the Passover meals as it was celebrated only once a year, but we celebrate the Lord’s Supper as often as we meet, supposedly. The Lord’s Supper is a mean of grace; it is a demonstration of God’s love reaching out to His people. During the Lord’s Supper, Jesus washes the feet of His disciples. During the Lord’s Supper, Judas went out to betray Jesus. During the Lord’s Supper, we remember that the body of Christ was broken and His blood was shed for us, today.

Jesus eagerly desires to eat with us. Jesus eagerly desires to be in fellowship with us. Jesus cannot bear to leave us and separate from us. This is the extent of His love and grace for us. Whenever I come before the table to receive the bread and the wine, I come in amazement, because I come as a sinner. I can’t remember a single time whereby I come before table finding myself completely sinless.

Yesterday, I was suffering from serious nose block until I have difficulty breathing. And because of that, I was lack of oxygen and I felt so tired the whole day (and it was my off day) which I cannot do anything much. I even felt weak to go out for lunch. I couldn’t sleep as I have to gasp for air from time to time and there was a renovation in one of the units in my neighborhood. But I took some bread (Bonjour 12 grains bread) and a cup of coffee and have communion with the Father, Son and the Holy Ghost. I thank Him for His grace and sustaining my life, and ask Him to breathe in me once again. Yes, that was my supper time with the Jesus.

We are not ordain ministers or church leaders, we cannot serve communion to others, but we can serve communion to ourselves from time to time, so that we can enjoy the suppertime with Jesus. By the way, my suppertime was about 2pm in the afternoon. What time will be your suppertime?

HHS…
Abel…

No comments: