Friday, March 6, 2009

Day 10: Arrest my attention… (Luke 9:34-35) 06 Mar 09

What would I do when I am in the Presence of God? Or what would the Presence of God do to me? I think I will be arrested; the Presence of God will arrest my attention. It is going to be captivating, I am going to be captive of the majesty and glory and awesomeness of His Presence. I will be at my attention; I will be in the posture of listening to the next word coming out from that Presence of God.

God’s Presence is everywhere, but as a busy Singaporean, I am nowhere near or in the Presence of God. Is it the same for you? That is why we need reminder; we need symbol that would draw our attention to God’s Presence. For the Scriptures, clouds are often used as a symbol of God’s Presence. For me, the sheer beauty of the nature and the Bible itself reminds me of God’s Presence. For you, what is it that will remind you of God’s Presence?

To be in the Presence of God is not sometime mystical. There is no need to go to the mountain or monastery to be alone to experience and encounter God’s Presence. But to be able to enjoy and be aware of His Presence, there is a need for us to make time and space for it. Isn’t it an irony that God makes time and we live in His time but not giving Him time to dwell in His Presence? Maybe it will be good for us to really set aside other agenda and intentionally take time to meditate on God and dwell in His Presence. He has words to speak to us. He has declaration about us. Can you hear it?

Unless we take time to be in His Presence and listen, we cannot hear anything. Be still and be at attention. Let His love and grace capture our heart. Let His Presence make us hold our breath. Let Him arrest our attention!

HHS…
Abel…

No comments: