Monday, March 2, 2009

Day 6: Commune with God… (Luke 9:28-33) 02 Mar 09

The purpose of observing the season of Lent is not merely to fill in the gap of curriculum for small group, but it really an opportunity for individual to slow down and reflect, so that we may encounter God through His Living Word as we commune with Him. Communicating with God is more than just praying or doing Bible study, it is a combination of both and integration of both.

Lectio Divina is one of the ancient methods of reading the Bible commonly used by the early church Christians. This form of spiritual discipline helps them to really grow, not only deep in the Word of God, but also the reality of the Presence of God. For me, as a modern day Christian, I am blessed with many Evangelical and even Catholic scholars, that I can have a more complete understanding of the Word of God. But I may not have the experience of communicating with God in His holy and glorious presence.

It is not easy to intentionally and even ruthlessly to set aside time to dwell in the presence of God. The demands of our family, our work and even our church may be a hindrance to this. When there is no proper communication, the relationship breaks down. I am reminded of this truth in a marriage preparation facilitator course, and I am sure this applies to our relationship with God too. If I need to have quality and quantity time to communication with my earthly lover to maintain a good and strong relationship; how much more I need to commune with God in order for me to experience His transforming love for me, if I call Him – the Lover of my soul.

Have you communicate with the Lover of your soul today?


HHS…
Abel…

No comments: