Saturday, March 28, 2009

Day 32: Home at last… (Luke 15:11-32) 28 Mar 09

The journey can be long and tiring, but we have a goal, we have a home to go to at the end of our journey. This is the strength and comfort of many who have traveled the same road before us. I can imagine, it must have not been easy for them. I don’t find it easy myself.

One thing about journey is that we meet many people along the way and we play different role along the way. Today, I am reminded of the Pharisees and Scribes. They are the holier-than-thou people whom we read about today don’t like. They are merciless to the tax-collectors and sinners, just like we are merciless to them in our critics and sermons. This is a very strong reminder, that we are just like them at times; critical, judgmental, and self-righteous; but all in the name of Jesus.

I know very well that I am a hypocrite, as I don’t really show forth my inner most feelings and thoughts, in the name of having a good boundary. But the truth is that, I am simply not perfect and still in need of God’s grace to complete the journey to reach home.

Do you need any grace to carry on this journey? If you need, here is the good news: there are plenty and more than enough grace for you to go home. And I am sure that no matter how screw up I am today or yesterday or even tomorrow, there are enough grace for me to go home, at last.

Let’s press on to go home together, see you at home.


HHS…
Abel…

No comments: