Sunday, March 8, 2009

Day 12: Grace triumph… (Luke 9:36) 08 Mar 09

I am so touched by today’s message. It is a simple one, but power message of the Cross. It is a message of grace. It is a message of Christ death on the Cross so that we can have the power to live. It is a message of grace triumph over all, including self and even the Law and Prophets.

I know I don’t deserve what Christ has done on the Cross. I may not be as bad as those bad guys you watch in the movies, but my pride and prejudice against people don’t deserve God’s grace; He gives it to me anyway. This is the power of the Cross that moves and touches me deeply this morning.

I preach about repentance and challenge people to have a lifestyle pleasing to God, just like the Prophets of the Old Testament. In the same way, I teach about the Word of God as the authority of our life, just as the Old Testament Law to the people. But I don’t often reach out to people with the grace Jesus has demonstrated on the Cross and given me. There are times I live in jealousy, in pride, and even in prejudice. But there are also times; I dwell in self pity, false humility, and even hypocrisy.

The message of the Cross is grace, and grace is triumphant over Laws and Prophets. Grace is greater that knowing the right interpretation of the Scripture, grace is larger than being a pastor and doing the so-called right things, and grace is more important than the right doctrine.

I cannot just simply remember that grace triumph, I have to allow it to live within me. Grace lives in me, so that I can have the triumph over legalism, pride, prejudice and self. Grace lives in me and I in grace just like Christ in me and I in Christ.

To have a victorious lifestyle is not about trying to live victoriously, it is to be completely surrendered to Christ and to grace, so that I can experience the fullness of the power of the Cross and hence live a triumphant life in grace.

Grace triumph.

HHS…
Abel…

No comments: