Thursday, March 12, 2009

Day 16: Touching Persons… (Luke 9:51-56) 12 Mar 09

I remember the song I like to sing when I was leading youth ministry: Touching Heaven, Changing Earth. It is a song of inspiration, a song that motivates. It is catchy and upbeat. It is about the power of God which able to touch the heaven and change the earth. I hope that my youth ministry will be able to move in God’s power to touch the heaven and change the earth. But today, I am reminded, Jesus primary task for me is to touch persons; one at the time; person after person.

Jesus has touched my life, and I am to touch other people life. Today, I have a conversation with a friend and I was challenging him to put aside the management and organization, but to really love the people he is serving and people who are serving alongside with him. Yes, ministry is about people, it is not about program, it is also not about power being demonstrated. It is about how God by His grace touch another person’s life through you and me.

Have you tell someone that God care and love? Maybe you can tell it to your spouse by giving him or her a kiss and a hug. Maybe you can tell your children or siblings about it by giving them your listening ear. Maybe you can also tell it to your boss and colleague by writing them a thank you card for being gracious to you and pray a prayer of blessing for them. Maybe you can tell anyone on the street by giving them your broad sunny smile.

You never know how much your hug and kiss can mean to your spouse, and warm up his or her heart which has been cold for days or perhaps months. You never know how valuable your time to listen to your children or siblings means, and how it opens up the closed can of hurts and bitterness to exchange for God’s forgiveness and grace. You never know how appreciative your boss and your colleagues will be, knowing that there is someone who still cares and values them in this competitive and harsh society. You also never know how your smile can be the only sign of hope they have in such a gloomy economic atmosphere.

Go and touch persons. Smile. :)
HHS…
Abel…

No comments: